f

A J In The Delta

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Paper Folding

The students in my class have been working on a week long research project about the biomes. The students were asked to research all the biomes and find out the precipitation, climate, vegetation, and animals of each. I gave the students science fair poster boards to put the information on. The students were asked to find a picture of each biome and to tell an interesting fact about each biome. The students had the option of using flip books to organize their information about each biome. Both the students used this option for their projects. In order to make the poster boards look filled, I provided the students with large construction paper. On Friday the students presented their posters to the class and described each biome. For this project I created my first rubric. I was impressed by the students creativity and knowledge. I feel as if they learned more by doing research than I could have taught them in lecture. I thought both students did an excellent job on this project. The hardest thing for me is grading the project.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger dd adams said…

    A for effort, across the board.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Monroe said…

    Wonderful! It sounds like you had a successful venture into the project approach to learning. Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home