f

A J In The Delta

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Self Evaluation

I look nothing like I imagined myself to look on camera. I think my overall lesson was good. It had its ups and downs. I thought this was a good idea because now I see what I need to work on. I first need to work on speaking louder. I know I only have two kids but I could not hear myself on the video. I definitely need to talk louder and walk around the class more. Also I should talk slower. I am a "speed talker." Second I stood through the whole lesson. I should probably take Ben's advice and sit some. I feel like the lecture was more of a discussion than a lecture. Which I think is great. I am already very tired of lecturing. I am happy that the lecture was open ended. The students had a lot of input and gave their opinion on the subject. I feel like I should smile more and show the students that I am enjoying teaching them. I also need to work on my timing. I always get to my closure a few minutes too soon. I did like that I questioned the students a lot throughout my lecture. I just wonder how am I going to do this with a larger classroom. How will I check for the understanding of thirty students?! I like the idea of giving a quiz at the beginning of every class. This would be an excellent way to check for understanding. I think my lesson was ok, but I have some things to work on. Modifications to my lesson will need to be made in a bigger setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home