f

A J In The Delta

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Holly-Green-Wood

The Delta is a strange place. It is extremely hot and there are huge mosquitoes. It is like a whole different world compared to Oxford. People have been telling me that Oxford is like no other place in Mississippi. Now I believe them. Despite the humidity and mosquitoes, I really like the Delta. Now back to the other things I don’t like. House hunting is crazy in the, "Nicest town in the Delta." How can Greenwood be the nicest town in the Delta and there be no available housing? Every place we looked at was sub-leasing to cockroaches, with a nice pastel paint job of mold and mildew. And what is up with "don't live south of the bridge?" I think that is crap. Every realtor told us that. So we decided to look for ourselves, and the houses were the same except that black people lived in them. Although the housing was not all that good, I am really excited about living there. Every time I tell my Ole Miss friends that I am going to teach in Greenwood they give me this look. A look like, "Wow, what the *$#% are you thinking?" I mean, how bad can it be? I can't wait. I just hope that I can make a difference in a student's life. I can't wait for this new adventure to begin. Maybe one day they will make a movie about me and play it on Lifetime.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Ben Guest said…

    With Noah Wylie as "Joe Sweeney," Robert Duvall as "Dr. Mullins," Cedric the Entertainer as "Dr. McConnell," Holly Hunter as "Ann Monroe,' and Brad Pitt playing the role of "Program Manager."

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Divine~sky said…

    http://destinyend.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home