f

A J In The Delta

Monday, July 03, 2006

Serendipity



"I set off to change the world, and the world changed me"
-motorcycle diaries, che guevera's autobiography
*A very special person told me about this quote. I feel like it sums up my MTC experience.


I had no idea that Oxford was so beautiful. Actually, that nature was so beautiful. I never made the time to stop and enjoy what was all around me before, but now that basketball is over I have had the chance to enjoy and experience many new things. I think the things I have enjoyed the most are the MTC people and the late night walks. I have never had friends that were more than athletes. This is the first time I have ever been around people who are what I consider the ultimate athletes. I must say that I really enjoy the new company. I feel as if I have learned more in the past few weeks than I have my whole life, by getting to know different types of people. To me, it is great to have so many different types of people interacting in one place at one time. I feel like I have learned so much by just listening to people's different philosophies of life. This whole experience in my eyes has been a blessing. These last couple of weeks have changed my life in so many ways, and I feel that most of these are for the better.


Now, back to those late night walks. I have never in my life even thought about taking a late night stroll down the street, nevermind through the woods. But suprisingly, I like it. I like facing my fears and not knowing what is lurking out there in the dark. And the stars and moon make it even more worthwhile. The natural world can be so beautiful, just like the people I've gotten to know. I feel ashamed to say that I never took the time to see that. That is very sad. I always thought life couldn't get much better than it was - you know, because I was a student-athlete - but this is what life is really all about. Seeing new places and making new friends. I am enjoying this experience. I feel like I learn more and more about myself everyday. I have learned more about myself in these past couple of weeks than I did in the past four years.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger dd adams said…

    ive got three words for you ... stink, stank, stunk.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    Reading your blog entry gave me a big smile and goosebumps! You rock, Ashley! Good luck with the rest of the summer classes. I'll talk to you later.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Divine~sky said…

    Hi AJ,
    I took the time out and read your blogger a couple of times over and over. The way your words are pieced together creates a big mural or picture as to what peace or tranquility would look like if it they could actually be seen.. If you could, add me into your group of friends so that you can view my blogs sometime. -Destiny

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Divine~sky said…

    http://destinyend.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Wow. Perfect. Much love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home