f

A J In The Delta

Friday, June 22, 2007

Learning Goals BLOG #2

My performance as a teacher this summer has been good. I have used more hands on activities and better questioning strategies. The hands on activities and questioning strategies can be used in my classroom during the year. This summer I have used more inductive instructional strategies. All of these strategies can be used in the classroom during the year.
My student was most successful with the learning goal that includes measurement and unit conversions. The student was successful in this goal because I did a good job of breaking down the information. I also used his prior knowledge to make new connects to the new learning goal. The student was given plenty of practice problems. He was also given a chance to demonstrate the skills he learned in unit conversion by completing a hands-on activity.
My student was least successful with the learning goal of periodic trends. I did a bad job of assessing his previous knowledge. I assumed he knew more than he did. I did not do a good job of providing the student with information. I did not emphasize the important trends of the periodic table. I also did a bad job of planning. I had the student taking notes and color coding the periodic table all at the same time. This would not work in a real classroom setting.
Since I only have one student for summer school, I have not used differentiated instruction in summer school. To improve my student’s performance in the future, I could teach study skills and note taking at the beginning of the year. This is an important skill that, I think, many students lack. I would also teach the students how to listen and follow instructions. My instructional procedures vary from lesson to lesson. I think, this is a good strategy to keep the students engaged. In my class during the year, I used very few instructional strategies. I think this caused many of my students to lose interest in my class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home