f

A J In The Delta

Monday, July 17, 2006

Go Shawty

Every time I hear myself talk, I am amazed at how country I sound. I videotaped myself on a very special day - my birthday!!!! I came to class on Wednesday morning expecting nothing, and what did I get … more than I could have asked for. The wonderful people of the MTC sang happy birthday to me and gave me a muffin with a candle on top. I was so shocked and surprised to see that someone was thinking of me. It was so sweet! It really meant a lot to me knowing that people care. So there I was, smiling and thinking of what to wish for and feeling so much love. Then it finally hit me - what do I want more than anything else? (Wouldn’t you like to know?) Well, I can’t tell you what it is ‘cause then it won’t come true. The whole time they were singing I was thinking, “They really care!!” Then just when I thought I had the fixings of a perfect birthday, I go outside to find that my car had been decorated with pink balloons, window paint and streamers. Then, I look on my front windshield and find the cutest little stuffed pink bunny I had ever laid eyes on. Now who would put a bunny on my car? The only thing that could possibly top that morning would be iced-wine and Sonic burgers by candlelight ...

Over the last few weeks, I’ve seen our small group of unique and talented individuals, our corps of teachers with common goals and aspirations, become a team. We are all working together, and learning from one another. I feel like I have improved so much this summer, and have seen my peers continue to get better with every lesson as well. I learned from one of our English teachers that cor- in latin means heart. And that is what I see when I look around at our class of MTC first-years. They care so much about what they are doing and want to be incredible teachers wherever they are going. It makes me proud to be a part of this team. I hope that we all keep this open mind and open heart when things become difficult for us this year.

Now back to my video. I think I did much better this time around. I finally walked around the classroom. Since I had more than two students, I had reason to. I forgot to state my objectives during my set, and did this the first three days of class. Now I just need to remember to point them out on the board and read them to the class. My dress attire was fine, but I should probably wear quieter shoes. With every step, my shoes make a noise that sounds like someone is tap-dancing around the room. I need to work on not saying “ok” after I give directions. Also, I shouldn’t say “right” at the end of statements. I need to label what I write on the board. I was writing formulas all over the board, and none of them were labeled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home